The Samsung Galaxy Fresh otherwise known as the Trend Lite is cracked open using the Towelroot tool made by popular hacker GeoHot. GeoHot is primarily an Apple-based hacker that worked with iPhone jailbreaks and he has recently shifted his attention towards the little green robot side of things. The work he has created here marks the second successful rooting tool in his Android arsenal.
It’s no secret that rooting smartphones and tablets is becoming increasingly easier as time goes by thanks to the clever work by handy developers. Nonetheless, the process for gaining root for Kitkat-based software to date has been through software such as ADB, Fastboot and other processes that are more difficult. With Towelroot we get the job done using a simple app and it couldn’t be easier or faster. All up people can finish the guide in less than a minute if they are on their game.
- You should know that Towelroot is a tool successfully implemented in many devices that normally run KitKat. The Trend Lite is a smartphone that started out on Jelly Bean, but Samsung announced they would upgrade the operating system to KitKat during the year 2014.
- Make sure you take the time to check you have the correct model number phone because there are two different kinds. The one this guide works with is the S7390. Do not try and install the file using the S7392 model because it won’t work and may even soft-brick the handset.
- We do not provide a warranty for following our guides nor do we pretend to be responsible for any damage caused to the device while following the tutorial listed below. You follow all the steps at your own risk. Obviously we do our very best to give great information, but nothing comes with a written guarantee. Moreover, once you unchain the OS by following the steps, it will void the manufacturers warranty too, meaning you can no longer take it in for repairs. The one way around this is to lock the OS back up again and return to stock software. Doing so will return the flash counter back to zero and therefore no worker in the manufacturers building can pick upon what you did to the device previously.
- The most important precautionary measure to take before starting the steps is making sure all the sensitive data is backed up. that way, even if the device does require a full factory reset, we can still return the vital data including the contacts list, photo galleries, audio files, text messages and any other data you had on the phone. The F’resh’ mobile comes with 4 GB of internal memory which isn’t much space to make copies of your files. However, Samsung has made an additional 64 GB available with MicroSD, microSDHC and microSDXC memory cards. The only downside is they do not come with the phone and will require you to pick them up from the shops or online. people should use the internal or external memory options to backup the data. many people like to use applications available from Google Play Store such as helium and Titanium.
- Make sure you have the Samsung USB drivers up to date and operating on the smartphone before continuing. Furthermore, all people need to turn on the phone and navigate to Settings > Develop Options and turn on USB Debugging Mode or else we cannot connect the mobile to the computer.
- Correspondingly, it is OK to use a notebook, laptop or computer for this tutorial provided that it has a slot for the USB connection.
- Put a stop to any security programs such as malware protection, spyware protection and virus protection by visiting the system tray and temporarily disabling the programs that are running at the present time. Remeber to start them up again before you start surfing the web or else you risk exposing yourself to trojans.
How to root the Samsung Galaxy Fresh GT-S7390 using a quick app called Towelroot
1. Download the root package here.
Note: We recommend using the C: Drive to save the file if you want to keep it long term. Alternatively, use the desktop if you want to delete the file after you finish using it today.
2. Turn the phone on so it is working.
3. Fetch the USB cable.
– look at the USB wire connecting the phone charger to the wall socket if you can’t find it.
4. Connect the USB cable to the phone and the computer.
5. Transfer the root file to the Galaxy Fresh.
6. Disconnect the mobile from the computer’s system unit.
7. Run the Towelroot application.
8. Press the ‘Make it Ra1n’ key on the screen.
Note: it will now start flashing the root and unchaining the operating system. Do not touch any buttons on the handset until it finishes.
9. Download the SuperSu app available from the Google Play Store.
That is the conclusion of the steps. In case you come across the error “Unfortunately SuperSU has stopped“ try downloading the app again.
Now once you have a custom recovery installed, such as ClockworkMod you can start flashing Custom ROMs and deck your mobile out with new themes and much more. Furthermore, people can visit the Play Store again and download the root checker application. With it you can see if your steps were successful.
Please share this article: