Rooting the Huawei Honor 5C is as easy as flashing SuperSU on the phone using the pre-installed custom recovery like the TWRP recovery.
Once you are rooted, you should be able to install tons of root-only stuff on your phone ranging from basic root-requiring apps to fully customized versions of the OS aka custom ROMs.
Here’s how you can root your Huawei Honor 5C:
Files You Need
- The bootloader on your phone must be unlocked before you can do this tutorial. Our guide here should help you do that.
- You must have a custom recovery installed on your Huawei Honor 5C phone before you can root it. Head to our how to install a custom recovery on the Huawei Honor 5C tutorial to learn how you can install one on your phone.
- The following guide should flash SuperSU on your phone to root the phone.
- Download SuperSU to your computer. Do NOT extract the file, leave it in its original format.
- This tutorial is intended for the Huawei Honor 5C only.
Rooting the Huawei Honor 5C
- Plug in your Huawei Honor 5C phone to your computer using a suitable USB cable. Make sure your phone can receive files from your computer.
- Copy SuperSU .zip from your computer over to the internal storage on your phone.
- When SuperSU is copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Turn your Honor 5C phone back on in the custom recovery mode. To do so, hold down Volume UP, Volume DOWN, and Power buttons simultaneously for a few seconds.
- Your Honor 5C phone reboots into the custom recovery mode.
- Tap on Install in the recovery mode.
- Navigate to your internal storage and find and select SuperSU .zip to be installed on your phone.
- Tap on Swipe to Confirm Flash to flash the file on your phone.
- Wait for TWRP to flash SuperSU on your phone.
- When flashing SuperSU completes, reboot your Honor 5C phone by tapping on Reboot followed by System in the TWRP menu.
- Your phone reboots normally.
- When the phone boots up, launch the SuperSU app and let it update the binary files.
- You are all done.
Your Huawei Honor 5C is now fully rooted and is now ready to be flashed with your custom personal developments, such as a custom ROM or a custom kernel.
If this happens to be your first rooted phone, you might be a little confused as to how to get started with root access on your phone. Well, we have you covered. Head to our what things to do with a rooted phone post to learn some ideas about what things you can do with your rooted phone.
We root the Android operating system that is running on our Android smartphones and tablets because it allows us to have more control. Most of that additional control is achieved with the help of applications from the Google Play Store. There are thousands of new apps available at our disposal. All we need to do is find out what they are. One of the cool new apps that is available for people is the app that allows people to change the DNS server. Anyone looking for more ideas just like that can try looking at our best root apps for the Android OS article that goes into more details for many great apps.
Usually, you install root-requiring apps when you have rooted your phone. Moreover, after that, you can go ahead and try out some advanced stuff like a custom ROM or a custom kernel on your Honor 5C phone. While these are advanced stuff, flashing them is a breeze if you just know how to do that.
Before you go ahead and get a custom ROM flashed on your phone, make sure you have taken a full backup of your Honor 5C phone using the TWRP Recovery. It helps you restore your phone when things do not work out well for you.
You might also be interested in:
- How To Unroot The Huawei Honor 5C
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The Xiaomi Mi Max
- How To Root The Xiaomi Mi Max On Android 6.0
- How To Root The LeEco Le Max 2 On Android 6.0
- How To Install A Custom Recovery On The LeEco Le Max 2
Have something to say? You can contribute to this tech article by leaving a comment below.