Huawei is making its space in the smartphone market and now we have Huawei P8, the latest smartphone from Huawei. The new smartphone has some good hardware you can do some heavy gaming with. This phone makes developers to work even harder to get root access to it. If you own this phone and haven’t got root on your phone, then you should try this method.
First I’m gonna tell you that rooting your phone is not an official process and it may brick your phone if not done correctly. After rooting your phone you will not be able to claim your device’s warranty and have to pay for any future assistance.
You need some tools for this root process:
- A Windows-based PC with anti-virus disabled so it won’t interfere during the root process because it may brick your phone.
- A USB cable, make sure it’s not damaged.
- Your phone with USB debugging enabled, do that by going to settings > developer options > enable USB debugging there
- Also make sure that your phone has its boot loader unlocked, if your phone have it locked then unlock it from here.
Please make a backup of all of your important data before doing this to your phone. Backup all o your media files to your PC or any other external drive. If you want to keep your contacts safe then sync them to your Google account or export them to your SD card.
- Make sure that your phone have 50% battery on it.
- This root process works on all variants of the Huawei P8 except P8 lite and P8 Max, so do not try this on those devices.
Steps to Root Huawei P 8 and install custom recovery:
- Download ADB package from here and extract on the desktop.
- Download these files to your PC and move them to the extracted adb package folder on the desktop.
CWM for P8
Chainfires SuperSu zip
Stock recovery of P8
- Open that ADB folder and right-click on the white space inside that folder and select “open command window here”.
- On command window type “adb reboot bootloader” without quotes.
- Now type this command to flash recovery first to your phone “fastboot flash recovery cwm-p8-nogui.img”.
- To boot to recovery type this command in the command window after that “fastboot reboot”.
- You will see black screen, do not press any button on that jut type this command in command window “adb push UPDATE-SuperSU-v2.46.zip /su.zip”.
- Now connect to recovery using “adb shell”.
- Finally type this command in recovery shell “/sbin/recovery –update_package=/su.zip'”.
There you go! you have rooted Huawei P8 in your hands, you can check root access by installing any root checker app from here. If you don’t know what to do with rooted device, then you should go here for that.