Korean version of LG Optimus G recently received root access solution. This solution is very easy and fast, and can do from the phone itself. With rooting your phone you can install and run apps those need root access to do their job, you can also do some custom actions with your phone like installing custom kernels and ROMs. You can also tweak your phone performance by Overclocking your phone’s CPU and RAM.
Rooting your smartphones or any other android device is not an official process, which means your phone may lose warranty if you root your phone. Rooting process is also risky because we provide system files to alter to some apps which needs root access so some time it may crash and corrupt that file it is working on. So better take all the precautions for this process.
- Firstly, this root method and file provided are only for the Korean version of LG Optimus G, do not try to root any other phone or device using this file or method as this may brick your phone (even its LG Optimus G Canadian version).
- Make sure that USB debugging is enabled on your phone before doing this. Do that by going to settings > developer options > check USB debugging option.
- Charge your phone to at least 50% before rooting it as if your phone goes off during the process it will not boot again soon.
- Make a backup of all the important files and folders important for you to your PC which will keep them safe.
- Also make a backup of all the contacts by syncing them to your Google account or export them to your phone’s SD card.
- Make sure the USB cable you are using is not damaged.
Steps to root Korean LG Optimus G
- First download Framaroot.apk from here on your PC.
- Now connect your phone to your PC and transfer this file to your phone.
- After that unplug your phone from PC and install that APK just transferred to your phone.
- After the installation, launch Framaroot app from app drawer.
- You will see a drop down menu there, just select “install SuperSU” and tap on “Boromir”.
- Wait for some time and you will be presented with a success message.
Congrats! your phone has been rooted and you can check that by installing any root checker app. For any other queries you can post them in the comment section below. And after rooting you may uninstall the framaroot app from your phone.