Rooting the Lenovo A516 is the way to go if you want the most out of your device. Just like with most things in life, there is also the option of addition by subtraction. With regards to the Lenovo A516, the addition by subtractions comes by the way of removing system apps, and increasing the performance of your device that way. It’s the most common way to get more out of your smartphones and tablets. It’s no different from when you delete a pile of pictures from your memory, or delete a bunch of programs you no longer use on a computer. Freeing up that RAM memory will allow for greater speed and browsing of the operating system.
Removing the system apps on your Lenovo A516 device can be done by installing the Titanium Backup application. You probably already know about the Helium app that is available for non root users. The Titanium Backup app is an app that needs root access to operate, and with it, it can give you the best backing up solution, as well as the ability to remove system apps. Just be careful you do not delete any files your device needs to run. It’s best to use the Backup feature from the application before you go ahead with any system app work for that reason — so you can restore it all later if you make a mistake.
Files You Need
- Download the Lenovo A516 Framaroot rooting file from here.
- You are voiding the warranty when you root the Lenovo A516 device. The A516 device needs unrooting again before you can get it sent away for free repairs.
Rooting the Lenovo A516
- Enable the Unknown Sources from your A516’s Settings by pointing to the menu > Settings > Security > Device Administration > Unknown Sources.
- Download the Framaroot application from the files section above and install it on your device just like you would any other app directly from your browser. It can be any browser for the web such as the Google Chrome web browser app on your device.
- Tap on the Framaroot icon and tap on the Boromir exploit option from the main page under where it says “Install SuperSU”.
- Wait until you see the “Exploit result” message pop up on the display, letting you know that your Lenovo A516 has passed.
- Exit the Framroot application on your A516 and head to the Google Play STore to start installing your new apps like the Titanium Backup application.
In conclusion, that’s all you need to root the Lenovo A516 smartphone using the Framaroot application. The Framaroot method does not require you to reboot the device after you finish the guide. You can start installing your root apps right away after you have finished. Furthermore, you can start checking guides for learning how to install a custom recovery if you would like a new recovery to compliment your root access. Some people prefer having root and a recovery so they can start installing custom ROMs, custom kernels, and use the NANDroid Backup feature along with its sister app, the NANDroid Manager.