The LG V10 is currently running the stock Android 6.0 Marshmallow software updates, and you can root them by using the LG Ups tool — a new tool for some smartphones from the Life’s Good companies range of devices. LG always seem to have unique ways of getting root access and some people either love or hate that fact. Anyone loyal to the LG brand will probably at least act as though they like it, and writer like me will continue to do their best to wrap their heads around what is happening. Let it be known though that I have not used the tools mentioned in this guide myself yet. However, I have read over at work from people who have I I’m confident I know what I’m talking about and have it right.
Rooting the LG V10 smartphone with the H960A model number using the guide below will mean you finally have full control over your operating system by Android to exploit in any way you see fit. Most people use root access to start installing apps that need root access to the operating system to run. One app that people usually use without root access is the Dumpster app — a great app for restoring old pictures and video files that you want to get back but never thought you would be able to. While the base version of the Dumpster app doesn’t require root, you do need to root the operating system if you are to get the most out of the app and bring back the most amount of data possible. You can check out the app from the Google Play Store or its official home after the following the guide after the break.
Files You Need
- You must download the LG Up tool from here.
- You must download the TOT package from here.
- Install the LG USB Drivers on the computer you are using during the guide. You might be able to use the Universal ADB Drivers if you are not able to get the LG drivers installed correctly.
Rooting the LG V10 H960A running the Android 6.0 Marshmallow software updates
- Extract the RAR file to the desktop of the computer and you will get the required TOT file.
- Unzip the lgupnew.zip file.
- Run the “LGUP_Store_Frame_Ver_1_14_3.msi” file you can see after you extracted the file in the step above.
- Copy the “common” folder over to the “C:\Program Files (x86)\LG Electronics\LGUP\model”.
- Press the hardware combination for download mode and boot the V10 smartphone into the download mode before connecting it to the Windows computer with the USB cable.
- Run the LG Up tool from the Windows Start menu.
- Highlight the V10 smartphone from the list of available devices in the menu.
- Look for the BIN button and upload the “rootedsystemvs.tot” file.
- Give it roughly three minutes to root your device before you unplug from the computer.
In conclusion, that is how to root the LG V10 from Europe with the H960A model number using the LG Ups package and a computer that is running a version of Windows operating systems. You can check how you went by opening the Google Play Store application and installing the root checker app. You will find a basic version of the root checker app available free of charge for everybody to install and it is all you need to check if your device is in fact rooted or not.
Now that everyone has rooted the device they are now officially the root user. The root user account can install any apps that they want from the Google Play Store. They will also find many other websites online made by the developers of the apps that have direct links available. However, do some research before downloading them direct just to make sure we are on an official website and not a spam site. It is hard to know where to start if people do not already have ideas they have picked up online of root applications to install. Anyone facing a similar situation can check out our post that shows the best root apps for Android and take a look at many of them.