Installing more apps is likely the main attraction for people wanting to root the Micromax Canvas Xpress 4G Q413 edition running on Android 5.1 Lollipop. Sure, there are other things you can do with a rooted Micromax: install a custom recovery, custom ROM, new mods, a custom kernel and so forth, but most of that stuff will not be available to any great length due to the smartphone not being all that popular out west.
The good news for your Canvas Xpress 4G owners is that it doesn’t matter what country your device is from or what developers choose to look after your device with new ROMs, everyone can install the same apps. That means the applications everyone uses like Tasker, Greenify, the ROM Toolbox, the NANDroid Manager, Viper4Android, Ad Away and so on are all available if you want to install them.
All you need to do to install any of those root apps and many more is following the guide to root Micromax Canvas Xpress 4G Q413 running on the Android 5.1 Lollipop update after the break:
Files You Need
- Download the custom recovery, SuperSU, Flash Tool and all file from this link.
- Download the universal Windows ADB Driver and install it on your computer before you start the guide. You should also install any drivers that come with your links from the XDA Developers forum page above.
Rooting Micromax Canvas Xpress 4G Q413 running Android 5.1 Lollipop
- Install the drivers on your computer so you are ready to install the files on your Micromax device using the flashing tool.
- Connect the Canvas Xpress 4G Q413 to the computer with the USB cable.
- Open the Flash Tool and flash the custom recovery file so you now have CWM Recovery running on your device.
- Keep the canvas smartphone connected to the computer and copy the SuperSU over to the internal storage SD card and make sure you keep it on the root of the SD card. The root of your SD card means keep it at the top level of the folder and do not store it in one of the sub folders.
- Boot your Canvas Xpress device to the recovery mode using the hardware button combination for recovery mode on your device.
- Choose the ‘Install from SD card” optio nand follow the instructions to browse your device’s SD card and upload the SuperSU.
- Continue following the prompts to install the SuperSU on your Canvas Xpress device.
- Choose the ‘Reboot System’ option from the main recovery menu and you’re done.
In conclusion, that’s how to root the Micromax Canvas Xpress 4G Q413 on the Android 5.1 Lollipop software update. You should know that you do not accept over the air software updates now that you have root access. You should flash your stock ROM manually using the flash tool when you want to update. Doing so will take away the root access and unroot the device. Once your Canvas Xpress 4G is unrooted again, you can start accepting the over the air updates again. Continue that same trend every time you root and unroot the device.