Hands itching to root your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Duos TV? No worries, the guide below should help you do that in no time.
As you probably already know, root lets you do a million things on your device that weren’t possible before. These things include the ability to install root-requiring apps, flashing a custom recovery, and so on.
If you’re ready to take the plunge, here’s how:
Files You Need
1. You must be running a Windows computer in order to do this tutorial.
2. Ensure that Samsung USB drivers are installed on your computer. If they aren’t, install them first.
3. Download Odin (any version) to your computer. You’ll use it to flash root files on your device.
4. Download Root Package to your computer. It is the complete root package that will be flashed on your device.
5. You should only try this on the SM-G530BT device.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Duos TV
1. Right-click on both Root Package and Odin and select Extract here to extract their files.
2. Double-click on Odin and it should launch.
3. Click on PDA in the Odin and select CF-Root that you extracted from the archive.
4. Uncheck Repartition if it is already checked in the Odin.
5. Checkmark both Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time in the Odin.
6. Turn off your phone.
7. Reboot your phone into download mode. You can do that by holding down Volume DOWN, Home, and Power buttons together.
8. Hit Volume UP and you should enter download mode on your device.
9. Plug in your phone to your computer with the help of a USB cable.
10. Click on Start in the Odin and it should start flashing the root package on your phone.
11. When Odin’s done flashing the package, your phone should automatically reboot.
12. You’re done!
Your Samsung Galaxy Grand Prime Duos TV is now rooted. You can confirm it using Root Checker on your device.