The Samsung Galaxy Note is a device that was too big to be called a smart phone and too small to be labelled a tablet which subsequently struggled to find itself an identity for this reason. But one thing is for sure, it was creative, and creativity normally spells success. Things were no different for the Galaxy Note in that regards either, which reportedly sold over 7 million copies world-wide to date. Now there’s a new device on the scene that was just released a few days ago — the second coming — Samsung Galaxy Note II N7100. Slightly larger than its predecessor (now 5.5 inch instead of 5.3) so far it has received positive reviews and if you’re a fan of hacking we have more good news, the Galaxy Note II N7100 can be rooted with this all-in-one toolkit.
There has been a root available before this, but the All-In-One root toolkit proudly brought to you by XDA Developers is by far the easiest method to go about your business. The new toolkit dubbed Galaxy Note 2 Toolkit tells you open up your device on Android 4.1 Jelly Bean, flash ClockworkMod Recovery as well as backup (Nandroid) your device. It also gives users the ability to flash custom ROMs, install APK’s, change file permissions and bunch of other goodies.
There’s one catch with the all-in-one toolkit however and that is that it only works on Windows PC’s as of today. If you wish to grab your copy you can install it from the guide below.
The Files You Need
- Download the Toolkit from this page.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 N7100 and install CWM recovery
- Download the rooting toolkit from the link above in the files section.
- Wait for the file to download directly above the taskbar.
- Click the right side of that file after it’s finished downloading.
- Select the ‘show in folder’ option from the menu.
- Drag the toolkit file over to the desktop.
- Right-click the mouse over the file and select the ‘extract here’ option from the menu.
- You should now have the all-on-one toolkit for rooting and installing the custom recovery available on the desktop.
- Connect the Samsung Galaxy Note 2 to the computer with the USB cable.
- Double-click the toolkit file and run the tool.
- Now your device should connect with the same toolkit.
- Click the buttons you can see on the toolkit’s main page to install a custom recovery and get root access to the internal system.