The Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T from T-Mobile is no longer the current flagship on the market for the Samsung OEM and that’s fine because we can root it and update the firmware that way. Since the Samsung Galaxy S5 is one of the most popular devices in the world, it has plenty of quality third-party developers creating custom ROMs. Once you have rooted the Samsung Galaxy S5 by T-Mobile and then install a custom recovery, the gates are officially open to your custom ROM experiences.
Files You Need
- Download the SuperSU file for the T-Mobile S5 from here.
- You must have a custom recovery installed on the T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone before you can use this guide.
Rooting the Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900T running the Android 5.1.1 UVU1FOG6
- Download the SuperSU package for your T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone from the files section above directly to the desktop of the computer.
- Connect the Galaxy S5 SM-G900T to the computer with the USB cable that you normally use to charge the battery.
- Copy the SuperSU file over to the S5’s internal storage SD card and then disconnect the smartphone from the computer and the USB cable.
- Boot the Samsung galaxy S% SM-G900T to the recovery mode and your custom recovery will boot on the display.
- Choose to take the NANDroid Backup if your custom recovery permits. Otherwise just tap on the ‘Install’ option from the main menu.
- Follow the prompts to browse the SD card for the SuperSU package and then continue to install it on your device.
- Once done, choose the option that says it will reboot your system from the main recovery menu.
The Samsung Galaxy S5 from T-Mobile will now reboot back into normal mode and you will have the SuperSU available from the app drawer. You cannot delete that app from your device as it plays a very important role on your device now. It is the application that will be allowing apps to pass with your permission. It also stops malware from passing automatically.