We’ve gone to XDA Developers for a lot of help over the years and today’s root procedure comes from popular XDA member David martin better known as gr8nole. This method will sort you out with CWM and rooting at the same time so there is no need to look for any other resources on this topic and that’s always the easiest way to go about it. Once you have finished you can download and install custom ROMs and applications that you didn’t have access to with the stock device.
This help guide will void any withstanding warranty you may have on the Galaxy tab 3 Lite.
There’s no doubt that the developers of this root method are supremely talented people, but that does not mean the process will be faultless for everybody trying to use it. It’s possible something goes wrong during the guide and after there is root access. On that note, it is important to understand that we are not held responsible for anything that happens to your device from following our guide. It is all done at your own risk.
This example is compatible for the Lite version of the Samsung galaxy Note 3 WiFi SM-T110 only and won’t work for any other. Don’t try to install it for anything else unless you want to cause damage.
Don’t worry about saving any battery life. The reason is as soon as you plug your device into the computer via USB cable it will automatically start charging the battery. Therefore, there is no need to have a certain amount of charge left.
Download and install the Samsung USB drivers from this page.
Enable the USB debugging mode. For everyone running Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich or later, you can do this by going to the Developer Options. If Developer options is not unlocked yet you can go to Settings > About Phone and tap on the build number seven times until it is unlocked. After the third tap, you will get a message on the screen.
ODIN is only made for Windows PC’s and we do use that program to complete this guide successfully. That means you need to find a computer that is running Windows to get this to work.
This tutorial is designed for advanced users because of its complex nature installing two different things. It also requires some experience with using the devices SD card.
- 1. Download the ODIN 3.09.
- 2. Download the ClockworkMod recovery.
- 3. Open ODIN after it finished installing and right-click > Select Run as Admin.
- 4. Boot the Galaxt tab 3 into Download Mode by pressing Home > Volume Down and Power buttons simultaneously.
- 5. Connect the tablet to the Windows-based computer via a USB cable.
- 6. Check the box called F.Reset Time in ODIN and don’t touch any of the others unchecked.
- 7. On the right side of ODIN is a heading called “files Downloaded.” Underneath it is a button called AP. Click the AP button and upload the tar.md5 file in here.
- 8. Double check everything we just mentioned making sure it is correct before continuing.
- 9. Press the start button to begin flashing the ClockworkMod.
Rooting The Galaxy Tab 3 Lite SM-T110 WiFi Model
- 1. Download the root package from XDA to the device’s internal storage.
- 2. Disconnect the Tab 3 from the computer now.
- 3. Reboot the tablet into the custom recovery we just installed by pressing Home > Power and Volume Up buttons simultaneously.
- 4. Connect to it the computer again with the USB cable.
- 5. Wait for it to register properly.
- 6. From the Root menu in CWM click Install zip from SD card.
- 7. Upload the root package you downloaded in step 1.
- 8. Navigate back to the main recovery screen.
- 9. Select reboot system now.
- 10. Upon reboot it will be completed.
Please share this article: