Are you the proud owner of a Micromax A110 Canvas 2 and wanting to get the very most out of your device? Root your device now using the simple guide below. Not only will it give you access to the internal system which is otherwise locked by the manufacturer, but it will show you how to install a custom recovery image. There’s two main custom recoveries which people use today: Team Win’s TWRP and ClockworkMod recovery (CWM). You must have one of the two recovery systems to flash a custom ROM, perform the important factory reset when flashing between ROMS and more.
Check up on the essentials after the jump before you delve into the step-by-step guide for unlocking the Micromax internal hardware.
Before starting please ensure:
- Your device has at least 80% charge on it.
- You ought to turn on the device and navigate your way to enabling the USb Debugging Mode. Sometimes it’s a secret hidden menu that you must unlock by tapping the on About Device build number seven times. Once you have successfully unlocked the Developer Options, you’ll find it from the Settings menu.
- You are only attempting to complete this root using a PC running Windows. The best results have come from Window XP based PC’s.
- Your PC is running the proper Micromax Drivers.
- You understand that rooting your device will void your warranty.
Rooting the Mircomax A110 Canvas 2 & installing CWM Recovery:
1. First off you will need to download Bin4ry’s root with restore tool and save it to your desktop. The link can be found in this XDA thread:
2. Once downloaded, extract the files onto your desktop.
3. At this stage, make sure your device has USB debugging turned on. To do this head to ‘Menu’ > ‘Settings’ > ‘Developer Options’ > ‘USB Debugging’.
4. Now connect your device to your PC using the supplied USB cable. The drivers should automatically install at this point. If not you can always head to the Micromax website to download the official drivers.
5. Make sure that you have changed your device’s mode from ‘USB storage’ to‘Media Device’ then click ‘Proceed further’. This option is available when you first connect your device to your PC via USB.
6. From within the extracted root package folder on your desktop, double-click on the runme.bat file.
7. When this opens you will be presented with a black window with green writing. Select ‘Normal’ by pressing ‘1’ > ‘Enter’.
8. Now wait while your device goes through the root process. It will reboot and you will be able to see the message ‘Have fun’ within the black window once it is complete. You will also be able to see the Superuser SU app within your devices App draw.
9. Now that your device is rooted, you can install ClockworkMod Recovery. Start by downloading the following:
10. Change the downloaded file name to recovery.img and then transfer it to your devices internal SD card.
11. Download and install MobileUncle MTK tools. You will find this app at Google Play.
12. Once installed, launch the app.
13. Tap the ‘Recovery Update’ option followed by the ‘recovery.img’ which should be saved on your internal SD card.
14. This will flash CWM Recovery to your device and once your Micromax A110 Canvas 2 reboots you’re done.
Now you have opened up the system internals away from the phone carrier network restrictions you can change the device away from how the OEM intended you to use the Canvas. Before you get started with flashing custom ROMs or checking the Google Play Store for root-only applications, you can download one of the many root checker applications available. With the root checker, you can verify that this guide above has work the way we intended. Furthermore, it’s also helpful for those looking to return back to stock Android and unroot the device. It tells you if it’s unrooted too!
Please share this article: