If you own this ZTE ZMax Android device and you think that the Google Play Store is a universe of apps, then you haven’t seen the universe of root apps yet. The one after you gain rooting rights to the system internals is larger than the one you already seen. If you want to step into this universe of rooted Android then you have to root your phone first. Moreover, to root your phone follow this guide carefully and root your phone successfully. Many people have struggled finding a corking method for the ZMax, but this one does work.
Rooting isn’t just amazing for the mind-boggling things you can do on your Android phone either. You can also install custom ROMs and install a variety of new themes which look different to the stock version or Android you are using now. Furthermore, if you wish to install Xposed Framework you can do that too. For more information you can check out what things to do with a rooted Android.
Let me tell you first the effects of rooting on your phone. Rooting your phone is not going to affect your phone’s performance in any manner. The main and the biggest issue is that your phone will lose its warranty, and you have to unroot your phone back to gain its warranty.
All you need for this process is a Windows PC, a USB cable and your phone. On your phone make sure to enable USB debugging before rooting it. Do that by going to the Settings > Developer Options > enable USB debugging from here.
Make sure that your phone has at least 40% battery left on it. When you flash the One-Click rooting method you want the battery to last until the end so it doesn’t shut down during the guide and potentially brick the handset.
Make sure your ZTE phone’s model number, and Android version match the one in the title of this article or you might end up bricking your phone.
Also backup all of your important data and contacts with your PC or any other external drive. Backup contacts by syncing them to your Google account or export them to your SD card. Those of you who don’t wish to use the built-in backup options can back up using Helium for Android. The Helium application is available from Google Play.
Tip: You cannot brick your device by installing the Kingroot app. It will tell you on the display if your device is compatible or not.
Steps to root ZTE ZMax 4.4.4 using KingRoot
- Navigate your PC’s browser to this page here and download king root apk file to your PC.
- Now connect your phone to your PC using USB cable as mass storage so you can reach SD card.
- Move the downloaded APK file to your phone’s SD card.
- Unplug your phone and install that APK to your phone. If you don’t know how, go here.
- After installation, open all apps and look for KingRoot app there, launch that app.
- Inside the app you will see a button with a lock icon (the app is in Chinese language). Hit that button to begin the root process.
- Wait for some time and you will see a confirmation message (a tick icon).
- Now reboot (turn off then turn on) your phone to take effect. (Do this before installing any root app).
When your phone boots you will see a SuperSU app in the app drawer that means your phone has the rooting permissions you desire. If you want to be double sure then install one of the root checker apps from here. Those of you who are stuck in a boot loop can fix it by reading the Android Boot Loop guide.