Samsung has managed to roll out another official firmware upgrade today, this time for the Galaxy Grand I9082. The build number for this new edition is XXUBMHD, and it will upgrade your mobiles to the latest Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.
This particular upgrade is being rolled out to a fairly narrower audience and not the usual half of the world. For that reason, many of you who own a Grand won’t be seeing this roll out. If you are one of the lucky ones it will arrive in your settings, assuming you do not have any customization techniques loaded already. If you do then you have no choice but to update manually or via Samsung KEIS. Of course, that isn’t the only reason to update manually. If you are keen you can get your hands on the direct file after the gap.
If we go back a few months, users might remember a big update from where the Grand received 4.2.2 Jelly Bean for the first time. This update is a continuation of that, however, it does not have any great new features along with it. Consider it a somewhat subdued update which simply focuses on bugs and things. If you are aware of an issue on yours in particular then this is definitely an upgrade you want to install.
Don’t start the installation unless you backup to internal memory, SD card or syncing to Samsung KIES first. It is important to backup all of your data in case you lose it when we make changes to the firmware. It is no expected that we lose any data, but on the odd chance it does happen it is better to be safe than sorry.
We have created this guide with only the best intentions and with your best interest at heart. However, nothing is guaranteed and we can only provide our best efforts. If anything does go wrong, we are not liable for any damages. You process at your own risk.
We use the ODIN application fr this guide and ODIN has been specially made for Window-based computers only and not Mac’s without the helping hand from Net framework that we do not supply.
Make sure you have the Samsung USB Drivers and USB Debugging Mode enabled from the Developer Options.
Antivirus and antimalware can have a tendency to interfere with operations. That is why we recommend turning it off to the diable position until you have fully carried out this guide. You do not need to fully uninstall it. Whatever you do, always remember to turn it back on again before you begin surfing the web afterwards.
How To Flash Android XXUBMHD 4.2.2 Jelly Bean On The Samsung Galaxy Grand I9082
1. Download the XXUBMHD JB firmware here.
2. Download the ODIn file.
3. Extract both of them to the desktop instead of someone on the C drive because it is easier to find.
4. Click on the ODIN app and open it.
5. Check you have administrator permissions by right-clicking on the icon.
6. Boot the Galaxy grand into Download Mode.
7. Press and hold in Volume Down + Power + Home buttons at the same time to achieve this.
8. Get your USB cable likely connected to your charger.
9. Plug one end of the USB cable to the smartphone and the other end to the computer to make a connection with the WIndows PC.
10. Inside ODIN will say “added” if it is picked up.
11. Failing to recognize the device as added may require updated USB drivers.
12. Click the PDA button.
13. Browse and upload the firmware file you extracted earlier.
14. Double check that everything is as mentioned. Do not change any of the other default settings inside ODIN.
15. Click start to begin the flashing.
16. Close ODIN down
17. Right click on the task bar and remove the device properly by ending the task. Right click on the “safely remove hardware” button and stop the USB connection. It will prompt you when it is safe to remove. The exact wording will change depending on what version of Windows you are using.
You will notice all of the links provided by us and other websites are down. The reason for that is because the website “Hot file” that was hosting the file is now closed down. That means the official file is no longer available until we find another source.
Please share this article: