Google made all the essential apps for its Android users so they don’t need to download and install third-party dev apps and one of the most important apps is Google Drive. This is a cloud app from Google with which you can back up your important data to the cloud (not actually, files go to Google’s servers) and then you can get access to them anywhere using any device (Google Drive app is also available for i-OS). By this way you can keep your beloved data safe from any damage, so you will not be in a bad situation again.
If you haven’t tried Google Drive yet then you should try it once and today I’m gonna tell you some tips and tricks which can make your mobile experience better than ever. So first you need to go to Google Play Store and install Google Drive app on your phone.
Add an image file to documents from gallery
- First open any document from the Google Drive.
- Now tap on the blue edit button.
- Tap on the “plus” icon on the top left corner, then select “image” from the menu.
- Select the location from where you want to attach the picture.
- Now select the picture you want to attach to the document, it will instantly attached to the document.
Download files from the cloud to your phone
- Open Google Drive on your phone.
- Tap and hold the file you want to download.
- you will see option menu, from there tap the “pin” icon.
- Open the menu from the left side and tap on “On Device” to see the files you just downloaded.
- And to delete that file from your phone just tap and hold that file again and tap on that “pin” icon again.
Attach a document to mail directly from G Drive
- Open G Mail app and tap the + icon to compose a mail.
- Write the matter and subject to the mail you want to write.
- Now to attach a document, tap on that U clip icon.
- Now tap on the “insert from drive” and select the file you want to attach.
- What you are waiting for! just tap the send button!!!
Track the “recent activity” on your Google Drive files
If you use Google Drive more often and you want to see what you have done last week with files? Yeah i know this happens every time so using Google Drive you can’t be in this situation ever again. To track the recent activity, you have done with your files just tap on the menu icon on tap right and select details option.
Backup your Photos automatically to Google Drive
For that you need to download and install Google Photos app to your phone. This app is same as your phone’s gallery and display all your photos from your phone. And from settings turn on the auto backup option which will make a backup of your photos often.
These are the best 5 tricks for Google Drive and if you know more tricks other than those you may share it with us using the comment section below.