These are the guidelines to install the TWRP custom recovery on the Allview X2 Soul Xtreme using the TWRP manager application directly from your device. The TWRP Manager app lets you flash the latest possible version of recovery available directly from the app without you having to search for it. The managers of the app automatically update the files when they become available. Furthermore, the TWRP Manager is great because you can do backups within the app without having to boot to recovery. That means you can take your NANDroid Backups without moving to recovery mode — a great feature for anyone who does not use the Titanium Backup application.
Files You Need
- You must have root access to the Allview X2 Soul Xtreme internal system before you can follow this guide.
- Most custom recoveries require you to have the bootloader unlocked before you can install one on your device. Check to see if your Allview device needs to have the bootloader unlocked before going ahead with this guide or else you risk bricking the device.
- A custom recovery such as TWRP will void the Allview warranty. You can always flash the stock recovery back on your Soul Xtreme device and the warranty should start working again. Sometimes these stock recoveries come packaged with the stock ROMs for a device and sometimes they do not. You’ll need to research where to find your stock ROM.
- Download the TWRP Manager application from here.
Flashing the TWRP Recovery on the Allview X2 Soul Xtreme
- Download the TWRP Manager application directly to your device from the Google Play Store application.
- Open the TWRP application from your app drawer.
- Tap on the option that says “Device name” at the top of the main page.
- Scroll down the list until you can see if your device and then tap over the same t select it in the menu.
- Tap on the recovery version to install and take your pick. The higher the number the later the version.
- Tap on the option to install the recovery and then wait until your recovery is flashed.
In conclusion, that’s how to install TWRP recovery on the Allview X2 Soul Xtreme device. When you are installing the TWRP on your device, the application will ask you to check that you are running on the same partition as the dialogue box shows on the display. We recommend everyone takes a minute to double-check that is correct because it’s kind of a big deal. You can end up bricking the Soul Xtreme device if you are not on the same partition.
Please share this article: