The Huawei Honor 5C was one of the Huawei phones that got rooted as soon as it reached the developers’ hands. If you took the plunge and rooted your phone, you would have taken advantages of all the features root has to offer.
From being able to install root-requiring apps on the Honor 5C to flashing entire ROMs, a rooted user does this all. While it does not happen in all the cases, sometimes you end up with an unstable ROM on your phone that does not work properly. If it was an app, you could have uninstalled it but getting rid of a custom ROM is not that easy.
To get rid of a custom ROM and to put back the stock ROM, you need to follow the unroot tutorial for your phone that teaches how you can flash back the stock ROM on your phone. Flashing back the stock ROM removes apps, kernels, and any custom ROMs you may have installed on your phone and lets you have the stable feeling of a stock ROM.
If you are not in a great situation with your Huawei Honor 5C, and you would like to get it flashed with a stock ROM, here’s how you can go about doing so:
Files You Need
- You should have rooted your Honor 5C phone using our how to root the Huawei Honor 5C tutorial.
- Download Huawei Honor 5C Stock ROM and save it to your computer.
The following guide should wipe off the data stored on your phone. So please backup everything that you wish to preserve.
The tutorial should flash back the entire stock ROM on your phone.
Your phone must be fully charged to do this tutorial as this should take a long time to finish.
You must only do this on a Huawei Honor 5C with model number NEM-L51.
Unrooting the Huawei Honor 5C
- Extract files from Huawei Honor 5C Stock ROM over to your computer by right-clicking on it and selecting Extract here.
- Plug in your Honor 5C phone to your Windows computer using a suitable USB cable. Ensure your phone can receive files from your computer.
- Launch the storage of your phone on your computer and create a new folder called “dload” in the root directory of internal SD card storage.
- Copy “1-” files from the stock ROM over to the newly created dload folder on your phone.
- When the files are copied, unplug your phone from your computer.
- Turn off your phone.
- Turn your Honor 5C phone back on by holding down Volume UP, Volume DOWN, and Power buttons together.
- The phone should automatically start flashing Stock ROM.
- Wait for it to finish flashing stock ROM.
- When the ROM’s flashed, do the same procedure for “2-” files that exist in the stock ROM. That way, you will have all of the ROM files flashed on your phone.
- You are all done.
Your Huawei Honor 5C should now be unrooted.
Your phone is now back to the official stock ROM that was shipped with your phone. It contains no third-party tools and is pure version of the OS developed by the company for your phone.
Sometimes when we root the Android operating system on devices like the Honor 5C handset we can cause some instability in the ROM. Often these cases are times when we decided to uninstall system apps that we didn’t realize our phones needed to run properly. Removing the system apps that do nothing on your phone but take away from its performance and battery life are one of the most common things to do with a rooted Android, but it also required a level of expertise to do it well. As mentioned. It is possible you remove the wrong system apps on the Huawei Honor 5C handset, and that can cause some instability issues with the rooted version of the ROM you are using. You should find by unrooting the Huawei Honor 5C smartphone using the guide above will fix any of these matters you were met with if you found them. Going from the rooted ROM to the official stock ROM that is locked again will also put the same apps and settings on your ROM, so everything is entirely the way the Huawei smartphone was when you first opened it out of the box.