Do you want to unroot the Samsung Galaxy Avant from T-Mobile? As long as you are a T-Mobile subscriber, you can install the firmware build below and it will unroot your device. Unrooting means the factory restrictions will be in place and you cannot install any of the root-only apps you once could from the Google Play Store.
The Files You Need:
- Download the stock ROM from this page. Alternatively, you can download the stock ROM from another source if you can find one. The file we have here is the most reliable source we could find today.
- Download the Odin flashing tool from our page. The Odin 3.07 or 3.09 should work well for the Galaxy Avant. However, if both those options are not available during your time of visit, you can try one of the other versions available.
- You must use a Windows-based PC for this guide. The Odin tool won’t load using a different operating system like Mac OS X.
- Download the Samsung Galaxy USB Drivers for mobile phones from Sammy’s official website.
Unrooting the Samsung Galaxy Avant T-Mobile SM-G386T
- Unzip the Odin tool and the Avant stock ROM to the desktop of your Windows PC.
- Click the mouse over the Odin too land have it running on the computer.
- Make sure your Samsung Galaxy Avant is turned off by holding down the power button.
- Boot the Galaxy Avant up again by holding the Power + Volume Down + Home buttons at the same time.
- You should get in the download mode now. When you see the yellow warning screen, press the Volume Up button and you are ready for the next step.
- Connect the Avant smartphone to the computer where you have the software update file and the Odin tool waiting.
- Click the AP or PDA button found in the Odin app on the computer and upload the firmware file you unzipped at the beginning of the guide.
- Now just click the Start button and wait for Odin to flash that firmware on your device.
- Once the flashing is complete, Odin will give you the “pass” message on the display. Now you are ready to unplug from the computer.
The new Android software on your device is the latest available version of Android Kitkat at the time of writing this guide. The software will work just like the official software because it is the official build just installed manually. You will get future software updates like you normally would if Android and your phone carrier networks decide to release any more in the future for your device.