Thanks to the Korean company it hails from, the Grand Duos can be updated again. This update has rolled out over the air to devices in the India region. If you did not receive an update in your settings and would like to update to the latest firmware, you can do so by following the guide below for manual installation.
This is a Galaxy and why do we love that? Because it means, it will have a Micro SD card slot underneath. These are great for using to back up your phones with internal storage. It also lets you go the whole nine yards and back it up to the computer where you can save it in its own folder. This applies to all the contents and not just pictures. Everything you have added to the phone will show up there. You will need to go out and buy a reader for this to work. Head to your local electronics store and pick that up. Now the computer — whether it’s Windows or Mac — will now be able to see it.
Remember, just because it’s 4.1.2 doesn’t mean that it will have all the same things that your buddy had on another handset because they do vary slightly between devices. For the most part, it should stay the same, though, and it’s the smoothness that will really get you talking about it. Right from the get-go you should notice how well it works. It is really fast and flawless between the scrolls and icon clicks. There is almost no lag at all, and this is what Android really wanted to achieve with this.
The big feature that everybody wanted to try come 4.1.2 was Google Now. Some phones didn’t come with this icon sitting in the applications and they knew it didn’t have it. You will have to check yours once you install it to see where exactly you stand. We think it should be there for you guys. Once you have it, you will have a super-smart personal assistant that rivals Siri. In some ways, it’s even smarter than Siri because it can remember things you tell Google Now and then think about that and adjust what is says. For example, if you take it on route to work it can remember how long that took. Now using its internet mind it can see how much more traffic is on the road today compared to last time because of reports and it can now make a judgement on the newly estimated time for you. This is groundbreaking technology right here. The only thing that people don’t like is the fact that you have to talk to get it to talk back. Inside the car, this isn’t too bad, but walking down the street people are too shy to bother about finding out what it is they wanted to know because they don’t want to be seen talking to a Smartphone. This is something that other people are going to have to get used to, or technology is going to have to change. Google Glass has a similar aspect to it where you have no choice, but to talk into it because there is no way of typing. It will be interesting to see how that unfolds. We could see a time where these things are released together and then the world says OK this is kind of cool. Or it could be the beginning of the end of things like Glass that really relied on talking as a key part to its success.
– Galaxy Grand Duos I9082 USB drivers by Samsung.
– Navigate to the Develop options and USB debugging mode.
– Windows-based PC and not a Mac OS X or Linux/Ubuntu machine.
– Security software temporarily disabled for the time being. That includes all antivirus both on the computer and a smartphone.
– Take a full backup of the OS including market apps, contacts, call logs, photos, videos, music files, SMS text and any other personal data that you cannot afford to lose.
– Data loss is preventable as long as your backup the existing files. That way if a full factory reset is done we can install the old contents back on top of the OS and no harm is done.
– Please note that we do not expect any data loss by following this guide naturally. It will only happen if something goes wrong.
Date: June, 2013
Installing XXAMF2 Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean On the Samsung Galaxy grand Duos i9082
1. Download the Android 4.1.2 Jelly Bean XXAMF2 and the Odin 3.07 on a computer. Extract both of the files.
– If you want to keep the files longer than a day I recommend using the C: Drive instead of the desktop.
– we always provide the files necessary so there is no need to store them unless you want them.
2. Power down the mobile and boot it back up into download.
– press volume down + power + home to get a smartphone in download mode.
3. Connect the Grand Duos i9082 to the computer via a USB cable it comes with.
– Open up the ODIN we downloaded before. If the device is registered in ODIN, you should see an ‘added’ message appear.
4. Using the extracted contents from step 1, insert the code file inside the Odin button that says PDA.
– put the PIT file in the pit area. Note: Only use the pit file from this extracted file. If it is not there just left it out.
5. F. Reset Time and Auto Reboot options should be marked as checked. Do not check the re-partition box unless you did insert a pit file.
6. Now inside ODIN click the button that says start on it. It will now begin flashing the new firmware on the mobile.
7. The device will reboot when the flashing has finished. Watch it load as normal and finish.
8. Close down the Odin app when done.
9. Unplug the smartphone after you have stopped the USB Mass Storage device from the “safely remove hardware” icon in the system tray.
Please share this article: