One of the best parts about rolling with an old school Android device like the S2 is that it’s fantastic for playing around and customizing with. Now the S2 I9100 can have one of my favorite aftermarket ROM’s — the paranoid Android — installed on it. This version of custom ROM is based on of the 4.2.2 Jelly Bean which has heaps of cool standard features along with some extra custom features.
Paranoid Android isn’t just great because of the funny looking squinting Android that doesn’t trust you look, but it’s actually a really great and reliable ROM to choose also. As is so often the case, it also gives users a chance to go further ahead than what Samsung has allowed the user without root access. So whether you like the aftermarket stuff or not, there is still always the reason to try it out also. Once people check it out they normally never turn back. That’s not to say they can’t if they don’t want too, of course, because they can and it’s not all that hard to revert back to the stock version again.
Everyone wanting to get their hands on the file can simply download it from the direct link given at the bottom of the article. If you haven’t done this sort of thing before it is advised you go and grab a guide to use it with. Don’t simply try to install it if you don’t already know what you are doing. Doing so could lead to some big problems for your device.
It is important to backup all of your data before you start with the guide. Back up everything to the device’s internal memory. This is the easiest way to do it. Normally we only recommend this, however, in this case it is a requirement if you don’t want to lose any data because we will be wiping the phone clean during the installation process.
All information presented here is for the S2 I900 model number only. Do not try it on any other type of galaxy handset because it won’t work and could cause damage.
Head over to the Developer Options and enable USB Debugging mode. Developer Options have been made available for all Android phones running Android 4.0 or later firmware. If you don’t see this there is a trick to make it appear by going to Settings > About Phone and clicking in the firmware build number 7 times. Now it should appear.
This guide is for advanced users only and if you make a mistake we are not liable for any damages. We do our best to make sure everything is correct on the page, however, we do not make any guarantees about this so you go ahead at your own risk.
How to Update Galaxy S2 I9100 with Paranoid Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2 Custom ROM
1. Download Paranoid Android Jelly Bean 4.2.2
2. Extract the files and put them on the desktop.
3. Transfer the files from the desktop to the phones internal memory or SD card.
4. Reboot the phone into recovery mode and do the following wipes: “wipe data factory reset”, “wipe cache partition” and “wipe dalvick cache”. This is required so that the cache does not get stuck and interfere with our desired results.
5. Navigate back to the main menu and select “Install from SD card” and then “Choose Zip from SD card.” This is when we upload the files that we transferred over from the computer desktop.
6. Wait for it to complete before navigating back to the main recovery menu and selecting the “Reboot system now” option.
Please share this article: