The Google Nexus 10 tablet is now getting the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop software update arriving over the air to your device as a notification. As usual, you can accept that OTA notification or you can choose to install the file manually. The guide below is what you need to update the Nexus 10 to Android 188.8.131.52 Lollipop manually.
The Files You Need
- Download Android 5.1 Lollipop LMY47V firmware zip file from here.
- Download the Google USB Drivers for your computer from here.
- Download Android SDK from here.
- You are applying the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update using the ADB sideload method. It’s a method that uses the Android SDK which we are showing you how to install.
Updating the Google Nexus 10 to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Download the Android SDK file from above and move it over to the desktop of the computer.
- Right-click over the SDK bundle and select the ‘extract here’ option from the menu.
- Now rename that SDK folder to ‘SDK’.
- Open the SDK Manager executable file you will find from the same extracted bundle.
- Proceed to installing all the latest drivers and packages for your PC.
- Look under the SDK directory and find the platform-tools folder. Open the platform-tool folder and leave it open.
- Download the Android 5.1 Lollipop LMY47V firmware file to the computer.
- Rename the firmware file to ‘Lollipop.zip’ by right-clicking over it and renaming.
- Click and drag that Lollipop.zip file over to the platform-tools folder.
- Reboot the Google Nexus 10 in recovery mode.
- From the main recovery menu, select the ‘apply update from adb‘ option.
- Now hold the Shift key on the computer keyboard and right-click the mouse in the platform-tools folder. You must do it where there is no file.
- Now choose the ‘open command prompt windows here’ option from the menu.
- Connect the Google Nexus 10 to the computer by using the USB cable.
- Type the first command in the command line: ‘adb devices’ and hit Enter. It should tell you that your device is connected. Those without a connected device need to install the Google USB Drivers for the computer. Sometimes the computer needs a reboot to get those drivers talking.
- Type the next command to install the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop update on your device: ‘adb sideload Lollipop.zip’.
Now just wait until the update is applied on your device. Those having troubles with the command prompt should make sure you are removing the quotations marks from the commands.