As the name suggests, a custom ROM is a custom OS to install on any Android device and custom actions means an unofficial process. Your phone will lose its warranty and you should know that after losing warranty you will have to pay for any assistance for your phone in a care center.
You need for this installation process is a PC with internet connection so you can download the ROM and G apps zip files. A USB cable to connect your phone to your PC and your phone with a custom recovery installed on it (TWRP recovery ins recommended for this installation process and make sure that it is latest so that it can support Lollipop based custom ROM).
Make sure that your phone is charged to at least 70 % battery because ROM flashing takes battery and if your phone goes off during installation then it will get bricked.
Flash this Rom only on HTC One X+ only or your phone might get bricked.
Steps to install CM 12.1 Custom ROM on HTC One X+:
- Download CM 12.1 custom ROM zip file from here and put it on the desktop inside the new folder (name folder as “Lollipop” for your convenience).
- Download Google apps zip file from this page and save it to the same folder as the ROM zip file. Installation of Google apps zip file after ROM installation is important because it contains all the Google apps like Google Play Store, G mail, G drive and more.
- Connect your phone to your PC via USB cable and transfer both zip files from Lollipop folder to your phone.
- Unplug your phone and turn it off completely, press and hold power key and select power off from power menu.
- Now turn your phone on by pressing and holding the Volume Up key, Power key and Home key together till you see recovery mode.
- In recovery mode, tap on “Backup” and confirm the step to backup your previous ROM.
- After that tap on Wipe and confirm to wipe all the data stored on your phone with reverting back your phone to factory settings.
- Tap on “Install” then select the CM12.1 ROM zip file and confirm the step to begin the installation process.
- After that, repeat the above step with G apps zip file and finally tap on “Reboot” followed by “System”.
Your phone will boot to OS mode and you have to fill your details on setup screen and make your personal device personal again. And for any queries use the comment section below.