Installing a custom ROM on your phone is an unofficial process which voids your phone warranty. This process is also risky which may bricks down your phone. So take a good care when installing any custom ROM to your phone and before that you need to root your phone and install any custom recovery to it. Custom ROM will give your phone a brand new look if you do it correctly otherwise you will lose the previous one.
To be on the safe side take these precautions:
- Installation of custom ROM will wipe all the data stored on your phone so take a backup of all the important data.
- Also take a backup of all your important data by syncing them to Google account or exporting then go your SD card.
- Enable USB debugging on your phone by going to settings > developer options > check USB debugging mode.
- Charge your phone to at least 60% battery out it will go off during the in the installation process and may brick your phone.
You need some tools to install this custom ROM on your phone:
- A Windows-based PC with internet connection to download ROM zip file.
- A USB cable to connect your phone to your PC and transfer some files. Make sure that it is not damaged.
- Your phone rooted and a custom recovery installed on it (TWRP recommended). Also enable USB debugging on it by going to settings > developer options > check USB debugging option.
- Your phone should be charged to at least 70% of the battery or it may go off during the invasion process which may brick your phone.
Steps to install Resurrection remix custom ROM on LG L90
- First you need to download the ROM zip file to your PC.
- Now download the G apps zip file, do not unzip those file we have to use them as they are.
- Plug in your phone to your PC using USB cable.
- Now transfer those zip file above to your phone’s SD card.
- Unplug your phone from the PC and shut it down completely.
- Now boot it to the recovery mode.
- Now when in recovery tap on “backup” and confirm to backup the previously installed ROM.
- Come back to the main menu and tap on “wipe” then confirm to wipe the internal memory.
- Now tap on “Install” then “choose zip from SD card”, now browse through your phone and Select the ROM zip file and confirm to Install.
- After the installation is complete, Install the g apps zip file in the same way.
- Finally to reboot your phone to the newly installed ROM, tap on “reboot” then “system”.
Wait for some time and your phone will boot to the custom ROM. And for any query you can post them in the content section below.