Smartwatch and Android Wear industries are making huge success, almost every smartphone company released its smartwatch and they are available all over the globe till now. But best of them and which I like is Moto 360 made by Google, this is the best looking smartwatch with running on the latest android version. The Moto 360 has round dial, elegant clock faces pre-installed and Bluetooth connectivity with all android devices with just an app. The Moto 360 also has a great battery life. What Google wants is that all of its devices will stay updated with latest android versions, Google released the OTA update for its smart watch.
This update for Moto 360 is of course has the latest android version as I told you before, but apart from this you are getting some more exciting things like more clock faces for your Moto 360. Your Moto 360’s performance and battery life will also get increased. Some bugs were there (if you notices) in Moto 360 which will also get killed and make your Moto 360 more stable than ever.
This update is still not released in some countries and if you are one of them too, then don’t worry i’ll give you a step to step tutorial with which you can give your Moto 360 sweetness of Android 5.0 Lollipop. If you are not aware of custom recoveries and all do not try to attempt this update with your watch. If you do and anything happens to your watch then you are responsible for that we are not to blame as I warned you.
There is no known method to install this update zip file to your watch, but you can give this method a try, maybe it can work but one more time i’m telling you that you are going to do this at your own risk.
First you need to do some preparations listed below:
- This method is all about installing the OTA update zip files using commands and recovery.
- You need to download the LWX49LOTA update zip file from here.
- You need a Windows-based PC with all he security related software disabled like Antivirus or anti malware so that they don’t interrupt the process.
- Download Fast boot zip file from here.
- Charge your device to 75% so it won’t turn off itself during the process.
- Your device should have a custom recovery installed.
Install Update file to Smart Watch Using ADB Side Load Method
- Unzip the Fast Boot zip file on desktop.
- Rename the OTA firmware zip file to “Update.zip” and move it to this fast boot folder.
- Now reboot your device to recovery mode and select “ADB side load”.
- Now on PC, keep pressing the shift key and right-click on any space in Fast Boot folder, now select “open command window here”.
- In the command window type the following command:
adb sideload update.zip
- After the zip file has been installed, you can reboot our device normally to OS.
Now your device has been updated to Android 5.0 lollipop. If a command window don’t detect your phone, then install the suitable driver for your device to your PC then repeat the process again.
Do share and like this post and share your experience of this update with us. If you have any query about this method then you can post them in the comment section below.