A CM 12.1 custom ROM will give you all the feel and features of real Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS on your device. This custom ROM has all the security and other features of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop OS so you will not miss any feature of that O on your phone. This custom replicates the user interface of Android 5.1.1 Lollipop in all aspects. To successfully install this custom ROM on your phone, please read and follow the guide carefully.
You need to back up all of your important data because installing this custom ROM will delete all the data stored on your phone. Take a backup of all your data stored on your internal memory to keep it safe from any damage. Sync all of your contacts to your Google account to keep them safe from any damage. If your phone is rooted then you can also backup your previously installed apps using the Titanium backup app available for free on Google Play store.
Make sure that the custom recovery installed on your phone is the latest version, so it will support Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based custom ROMs.
Charge your phone to at least 70% battery before installing any custom ROM to it just to make sure that it won’t go off during the installation process.
This custom ROM and installation process is only for Samsung Galaxy Tab S 8.4 only, do not try to use it for any other devices.
Steps to install CM 12.1 custom ROM on Samsung Galaxy tab S 8.4:
- Download the CM 12.1 custom ROM zip file to your PC and put it on desktop, do not unzip those zip files.
- Also download Google apps package zip file from here to your PC and put it on desktop also. Google apps zip file contains all the Google related apps and services to keep your phone running smooth.
- Now connect your phone to your PC and transfer both zip files from desktop to your phone.
- Unplug your phone from the PC and press and hold the power button for 3 seconds and select “power off” from the power menu.
- Wait till your phone goes off completely and now boot it to the recovery mode. Boot it by pressing and holding volume up key, home key and power key together.
- In recovery tap on “Backup” and confirm to back up previously installed ROM on your phone (it will take about 2 gigs of memory).
- After that, tap on “Wipe” and confirm to clear the data and cache (do no check or uncheck any option).
- Now come back to the main menu and tap on “Install”, browse your phone’s SD card for the CM 12.1 ROM zip file and select it to install it on your phone.
- Come back to the main menu and tap on “install” and select the Google Apps zip file this time and confirm the step.
- After the installation’s done, tap on “reboot” then “system” to reboot your phone to OS mode.
Wait for some time and let it boot, first bot will take some time and your phone is now updated to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop based custom ROM on your phone. All the queries about the installation or this ROM should be made in the comment section below.