The Sony Xperia ZL is a 5-inch smartphone with some excellent quality hardware. Sony released a new update based on Android 5.0.1 but if you are an impatient person then you can try Android 5.1.1 Lollipop on your device right away. For this you have to read this whole article carefully and apply it to your phone.
This Validus LP custom ROM is based on android 5.1.1 lollipop and replicates all the features and interface of it like material design, fast charging and Android Runtime (ART) and much more. With this custom ROM you will get all the feel of android 5.1.1 lollipop. The following ROM will offer some extra features and tools with which you can tweak your phone’s interface and boost performance, you can also get updates of this ROM by OTA updates.
As you probably already know that it is a custom ROM not an official update and made by any third-party developers so if it damages your Sony Xperia ZL phone in an any way, we can’t be claimed for that. This ROM might have some bugs, don’t worry if there are some they should be minor. As this ROM is tested before so you won’t experience any bugs.
You need for this installation process is a PC with internet connection, a USB cable and your phone rooted and any custom recovery (TWRP recommended) installed on it. Also enable USB debugging on your phone by going to Settings > Developer Options > enable USB debugging from here.
- Installing custom ROM on your phone will wipe out your internal memory so better make a backup of all the important data.
- Make backup of all your contacts, call logs and messages or they will get deleted during the installation.
- Install this custom ROM only on Sony Xperia ZL, do not try to install this ROM on any other device or it may brick your phone.
- Make sure that your phone should have at least 50% battery left on it.
Steps to install Android 5.1.1 custom ROM on Sony Xpera ZL
- First you need to download the ROM, zip file from here.
- Download Google App’s zip file from here, this zip file has the Google apps you need like g mail, you tube, play store and more.
- Connect your phone to your PC and transfer these two zip files to your phone.
- Now unplug your phone from the PC and wait it down by pressing and holding power button and tap on power off from the power menu.
- Now enter your phone to the recovery mode.
- In recovery first tap on backup, then confirm to take backup of full previous ROM.
- After backups done, come back to the main menu and tap on the wipe then confirm to delete all the data including main system.
- Now tap on the install then choose zip from SD card, choose the ROM zip file and confirm to install.
- After the installation completes, install the G apps zip file in the same way.
- After all this, come to the main menu and tap on reboot then system.
Your phone will reboot to the very new Android 5.1.1 lollipop ROM. Enjoy this new ROM and for any query use the comment section below.