CM 12 beta 6 is out and ready to power you Sony Xperia L. This CM12 is an unofficial build, built by XDA developers but don’t worry this ROM is tested before by those developers to remove all bugs. Android Lollipop is the most stable and beautiful custom ROM for your Sony Xperia L. To install this Android Lollipop ROM on your phone just follow the steps below.
This CM 12 has stock Android Lollipop look and some extra features. The extra features let you customize your device your way. This CM 12 custom ROM will make your device run faster and improve battery performance also. This Cm 12 has the stock Android Lollipop UI, so you don’t have to run that ugly Xperia UI again if you don’t like it. After installing this ROM you phone’s battery will work enormously better than before.
CM 12 is an open source distribution of Android 5.0 Lollipop Operating System created to work only for Sony Xperia L devices only. This software is not related to Google or Sony, that means you are going to perform an illegal operation which can cost you voiding your device’s warranty. Be careful and folly the steps carefully so your phone will not get bricked.
- You should not go beyond this if your device is not rooted or your device’s boot loader is locked. These are the two conditions needs to be fulfilled to install a custom ROM cause installing custom ROM means you are making changes to your device’s system files. Also you need to install a custom recovery to your device. Custom recovery helps you to install ROM zip file or making any other changes to your device.
- You should also backup all the important things you need to your SD card so that you won’t loose any thing that you need. To do this you can use Easy Backup & Restore, using this app you can back up your SMS, MMS, Call log, Calendar, Bookmarks, Dictionary, Contact and your installed Apps(you need root access to do that) to your SD card so you can restore when you finished installing new ROM.
- You should have a Window based PC to install this CM 12 to your Sony Xperia L. You can use a notebook or windows tablet to do this. You have to disable antivirus protection of your PC during this process cause they detect these tools as virus and can interface between all this process.
- Now ready your device for installing this new ROM, in your device go to settings > Developer Options > check the USB debugging option(if Developer Options aren’t there go to settings > about phone then tap on build number seven times). Charge your device to at least 70% before going through the installation process(very important).
- This installation tutorial and files are only for Sony Xperia L, don’t try to install or use this files on other device or any other Sony devices also.
Steps to Update Sony Xperia L to CM 12 Android Lollipop Custom ROM Firmware
- Download CM12 ROM zip file and Google Apps zip file.
- Put these two zip files on desktop of your PC.
- Do not unzip these zip files as we have to use them as they are.
- Now connect your phone with PC via USB cable.
- Transfer both zip files from desktop to your device’s SD card(not in internal memory).
- Unplug your device when transfer done.
- Reboot your device in Recovery mode.
- Once you are in recovery mode, tap on wipe then confirm the action.
- Tap on Home key.
- Tap on install then choose zip from SD card.
- Browse your SD card and select the CM 12 zip file downloaded before and confirm to install.
- After installation install the Google Apps zip file by tapping on install, choose zip from SD card and confirm.
- When all done, tap on Reboot then System.
That’s it!! Now you have Android Lollipop based CM 12 installed on your phone. If you are having queries post them in comment section below and don’t forget to share so that many others can also have this update.
Please share this article: