These are the steps to update the Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE to Android 5.1.1 Lollipop with the firmware build number P905VVRUBOH1. If you don’t want to accept over the air updates automatically, you can always download and install the large software update using the Odin flashing tool and a computer. Another reason you might not want to install the update over the air is because you have root access. Samsung rooted users are always encouraged to install software updates manually if they have root access. Doing so will revoke the current root access, though. You’ll need to get root access again by either following the same guide as last time or finding a new guide. Sometimes Google patches the exploits on the earlier firmware builds which makes the old rooting guides obsolete.
The Files You Need
- Download the Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware from this page.
- Download one of the latest versions of the Odin flashing tool from this page.
- Download the Samsung USB Drivers.
- You must flash the P905VVRUBOH1 Lollipop firmware build on the Verizon variant of the Note Pro only. Do not flash this file on a different device or you can brick the device.
- You can only use this guide on a Windows PC. Any Windows operating system will run the Odin tool apart from the Windows RT that comes with some of the Microsoft Surface tablets.
Updating the Verizon Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE to the latest Android 5.1.1 Lollipop
- Unzip the P905VVRUBOH1 Android 5.1.1 Lollipop firmware file on the desktop of the computer.
- Drag the firmware file from the folder it’s in to the desktop.
- Unzip the Odin flashing tool.
- Run the Odin tool so it’s open on the desktop and waiting for you to connect the device.
- Long-press the Power button on the Samsung Galaxy Note Pro 12.2 LTE until you know the device is now off.
- Reboot the Note Pro holding the Power + Home + Volume Down keys.
- Release the three keys after you see the warning screen on the Samsung device.
- Now press the Volume Up button once and your device will be in the download mode and ready to connect to the computer.
- Click the AP button if you are running one of the later version of the Odin flashing tool. Alternatively, click the PDA button if you are running one of the older versions of Odin.
- Browse the desktop for the P905VVRUBOH1 firmware you drag and dropped there earlier.
- Leave the default settings in the Odin app.
- Check the re-partition box is left empty.
- Click the Start button and Odin will now flash your Note Pro 12.1 with the latest version of Lollipop software.
- Wait until you see a pass message on the display from Odin to let you know it worked. Now you can unplug the mobile from the computer.