CyanogenMod team released CM12 nightly custom ROM for your HTC One Max. With this custom ROM your phone will get Android 5.0 Lollipop interface and features. I’ll tell you later in this tutorial how to install this custom ROM on your device.
Android 5.0 Lollipop OS is released by Google for high end devices. Android 5.0 Lollipop has great looks and features that you get in love with. Android 5.0 Lollipop has some great features like material UI, smooth transactions, fast charging (full charge in less than 15 minutes) and many more. Cyanogen Mod 12 nightly is based on Android 5.0 Lollipop OS released by Google.
Google or android both don’t recommend this process so you should know that this process of flashing custom ROM on your device is illegal as well as risky also cause skipping any part of this article can brick your device.
CyanogenMod releases CM12 nightly ROM for testing purpose only so you should know that this ROM may contain bugs but don’t worry still this custom ROM is suitable for everyday use.
Before going any further you should root your device and should have any custom recovery (TWRP recommended) installed on your device and make sure that custom recovery installed is latest and up to date so that it can support Android 5.0 lollipop based custom ROMs.
Backup important documents on your device so you won’t lose anything on your phone during this process. You can sync all of your contacts on Google account so you can restore them after this process. You can use Titanium Backup app available on Google Play Store to backup your important apps and restore them after this process. backup all of your photos, music, videos and document files to your PC or nay other external drive (can also transfer them on your phones SD card as we won’t alter data stored on your device’s SD card).
You should have a Windows-based PC near by cause without that you won’t be able to perform this process with your phone. And do not skip any step mentioned in this tutorial cause doing this may result your with a bricked device.
Do not try this process or files on any other android device or HTC variant cause it may break your phone seriously.
Do not go beyond this point if you haven’t read the whole article.
Steps to flash CM 12 nightly ROM on your Verizon HTC one Max
- Download the CM 12 Nightly custom ROM zip file from here.
- Download Google Apps zip file from here.
- Transfer both zip files to your phone’s SD card (do not unzip them).
- Turn off your HTC and boot it to recovery mode.
- Tap on “Backup”, give this backup a name and confirm the step (this step is important, as if anything goes wrong you can restore your previous ROM using Backup menu on recovery).
- Now tap on “wipe” then confirm the step.
- Now tap on “install” then “choose zip from SD card”, browse through your phone’s SD card and select the CM 12 zip file downloaded earlier then confirm the step.
- Now install Google Apps zip file as you installed the CM 12 ROM zip file (using step 7).
- Now tap on “Reboot” then “System”, this will reboot your device normally.
Soon you will see CM12 boot animation and your phone will take 10 to 12 minutes to reach to welcome screen so be patient and do not touch any key on your device. But if it won’t boot even after a long time, force shut down your device and boot it to recovery mode and repeat this process all over again.
Please do like and share this tutorial with your friends and if you have any query about this process you can post them in comment section below.
Please share this article: